Wilson’s Creek is based on the board game of the same name and is part of the ‘Great Battles of the American Civil War’ series of games, recreating the significant battles of the American Civil War.
The battle of Wilson’s Creek was fought on August 10th, 1861 and took place five miles Southwest of Springfield, Missouri. Brigadier General Nathaniel Lyon led a surprise Union attack upon an allied force of Confederate regulars led by Brigadier General Benjamin McCulloch, and Missouri State Guards led by Major General Sterling Price. The battle was the first major conflict in the Western Theatre, and one of the pivotal factors that kept Missouri in the Union.
- Historically accurate game play.
- Accurate Civil War units.
- Play as either the Union or Confederate side.
- 3 levels of difficulty.
- Five categories of unit quality.
- Different types of formations.
- Detailed combat analysis.
- In-depth reference charts.
- Advanced tactical features including:
- Map zoom.
- Strategic movement.
- Flank attacks.
- Low ammo.
- Unit disruption.