Civil War: 1862 is the prequel to the highly acclaimed Civil War: 1863, incorporating the detailed strategic gameplay of the original while adding major new features and improvements such as flank attacks and strategic movement. Melee combat has also been given greater emphasis and the range of troop quality has been expanded to include elite units.
The game gives a unique wargaming experience and includes 14 historical battles from the American Civil War in 1862, thirteen of which can be played as either side. Five additional campaigns featuring many more historical battles are also available via in-app purchase.
- High Definition Civil War Era Graphics.
- 8 Mission ‘Tutorial’ campaign.
- 5 Mission ‘Fix Bayonets’ campaign.
- 8 Mission ‘Steel and Thunder’ campaign.
- All missions can be played as both sides
(except the tutorial).
- 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
- Four classes of infantry – Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
- Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
- Detailed Combat Analysis.
- Flank Attacks
- Strategic Movement.
- Hours of Gameplay.
Purchasable Extra Content:
- 8 Mission ‘Colossus’ campaign.
- 8 Mission ‘Fresh Troops’ campaign.
- 8 Mission ‘Death and Glory’ campaign.
- 8 Mission ‘Broken Line’ campaign.
- 8 Mission ‘Shot and Shell’ campaign comprising a series on non-historical game challenges.
Note: The Mac Edition of the game already includes all the purchasable additional content.
Play as Union or Confederates